The Co-op Party has announced the results of its National Executive Committee (NEC) elections.
The Party says the NEC sets its strategic direction “and works closely with the general secretary and staff to ensure that we meet our purpose and agreed plans”.
Party policy is agreed by the NEC in consultation with members and the annual conference.
The new members will take up their three-year posts in October. The results are as follows:
- East of England: Chris Vince
- East Midlands: Jamie McMahon
- London: Stella Creasy MP
- North East and North Cumbria: Michael Bell
- North West: Gary Booth
- Scotland and Northern Ireland: Ruth Hall
- South East: Rosa Bolger
- South West: Patricia Juby
- Wales: Mary Wimbury
- West Midlands: Chris Bain
- Yorkshire & Humber: Abigail Marshall Katung
- Youth: Nathan Burns
- Societies and Affiliates: Maria Lee and Ian Miller
- Parliamentary Group: Jim McMahon MP and Preet Kaur Gill MP
The Party has offered its congratulations to the successful candidates and welcome to those joining the NEC for the first time.
Join the Conversation