Co-operatives Victoria Open Workshop
A Chris Cooper Workshop
Cooperative Identity Programme for Directors, Managers and Members
Overview of the workshop
An opportunity to meet with fellow co-operators to explore the distinctive nature of a Successful Cooperative Business and the relevance of our Co-operative Values and Principles to modern co-operative business. Spend time reviewing how applying cooperative values can contribute to business improvement and the embedding of our cooperative ideals By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Explain the difference between a Cooperative and other businesses.
- Understand what Cooperative Values and Principles are
- Understand why cooperatives need Members
- Review how their cooperative is currently applying co-operative values and principles in the business.
- Examine ways in which they can apply values and principles in order to build the business.
- Look at the legacy of the United Nations International Year of Cooperative
Speaker – Chris Cooper
With a background in retailing and further and higher education Chris has worked with an extensive range of Consumer, Agricultural, Automotive, Worker and Housing Co-operatives and Co-operative Development bodies as well Credit Unions, Leisure Co-ops, Foundation Hospitals and other new wave co-operatives and mutuals. Chris' International experience has seen him working across Europe, in the United Kingdom, France, Sweden, Norway, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Cyprus, Malta, Spain, Portugal, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia and further afield in Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Africa, North America, New Zealand and Australia. He is a regular speaker at conferences and has made contributions to seminars and learning programmes across the world.
When: 7 November 2012, 10am-4.30pm
Where: Borderlands Cooperative, 2 Minona Street, Hawthorn Vic
Contact: David Griffiths, T. 03 97856542, E. [email protected]