Here finally arrived the long-awaited launch of Imagine 2012: The International Conference on Co-operative Economics, the official pre-summit event!
This conference will provide a forum in which the world’s major co-operatives leaders and leading economic thinkers from around the world can explore a new approach to economic analysis and thought that offers people around the world renewed hope for an economy that meets people’s needs.
At 7:00 p.m., welcome from the conference co-hosts:
- Monique F. Leroux,, President and CEO, Desjardins Group, Canada
- J. Colin Dodds, President and Vice Chancellor, Saint Mary’s University, Canada
- Dame Pauline Green, President, International Co-operative Alliance (ICA), Switzerland
Co-Masters of ceremonies:
- Denyse Guy, Executive director, Canadian Co-operative Association (CCA), Canada
- Bernard Brun, Director, Federal Government Relations, Desjardins Group, Canada
Followed by these conferences:
- 7:30 p.m. – Why Are We Here? from J. Tom Webb, Conference Manager, Imagine 2012, Canada
- 7:45 p.m. – Why Did Cooperatives Disappear From Economic Thought? from Stefano Zamagni, Vice Director, Bologna Centre, Italy
Registration from 3:00 p.m.
Come and learn about the new economic thinking emerging around the world and how it fits with co-operatives. Come to Imagine 2012.
Good conference to all participants!