In this seminar, some 15 researchers will present the key points of their research. You will have an opportunity to exchange ideas with them, discuss your situation in relation to their findings and observations, and share your concerns. Your attendance will be a real source of inspiration for them!
This seminar will take place on Wednesday, October 10, 2012, from 9:00 a.m. to noon and from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in room 2000A of the Quebec City Convention Centre.
The hosts will be:
- Marie-Joëlle Brassard, Manager of Reseach and Development, Conseil québécois de la coopération et de la mutualité (CQCM)
- Ernesto Molina, Lecturer, École de travail social, Université de Sherbrooke, and Research Advisor, Conseil québécois de la coopération et de la mutualité (CQCM)
The articles selected and published here highlight the main theme of the Summit, The Amazing Power of Cooperatives, and are divided into 4 sections:
- The performance of the cooperative and mutualist business model
- The role of cooperatives and mutuals in the global economy
- The evolution of the cooperative and mutualist business model
- The global socio-political influence of cooperatives and mutuals
These articles are presented in a publication entitled “The Amazing Power of Cooperatives. Texts selected from the international call for paper proposals” (see picture). All participants at the International Summit of Cooperatives will receive a free copy of this publication on site.
In light of their analysis on the challenges facing cooperatives and mutuals, the authors who contributed to this study wish to share their findings with the CEOs and managers of small, medium and large cooperatives and mutuals, the organizations that partner with the cooperative movement and representatives of governments and organizations interested in tapping into the amazing power of cooperatives.
To see a summary of each scientific article, click on the drawer of the desired section.