To honour its commitment as an eco-responsible event, the International Summit of Cooperatives is giving you an opportunity to minimize your environmental footprint by using a carpool service to travel to the Quebec City Convention Centre.
The Carpooling Network is a privately-owned, socially-oriented company based in Montreal, Quebec. It provides Summit participants with a friendly and efficient service to make their trips easier, from October 6 to 12, 2012, under an agreement with Desjardins Group as a financial partner.
Offer or request to carpool with a few clicks:
- Register for free on the Summit page of the Carpooling Network website.
- Click on the Plan your carpool button.
- Click on the Sign up for free to The Carpooling Network button.
- Once you have filled out and saved the form, you will receive a confirmation email with information to activate your account.
- Enter your email address and password at the bottom of the screen, in the left-hand menu.
- Click on Offers and requests to add a standard or unique route.
- Select a suggested location or specify a departure postal code.
- Specify your destination by selecting the 2012 International Summit of Cooperatives in the list of upcoming events.
- Reserve your spot as a driver or passenger and you’re done.
You can then contact other visitors who are travelling on a similar route to yours through an integrated messaging service.
A cost sharing calculator is also available to determine the amount to split between a group of carpoolers.
Over the next few days, please feel free to check out the various carpooling offers and requests for this event, as many other carpooling options may become available.
You are called upon to contribute to our eco-responsible commitment by using the carpooling service, public transportation or the shuttle service to travel to the Quebec City Convention Centre.
Join the Conversation