This is the theme of the Global Cooperative Finance Summit that will be held on Monday, October 8, 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., at the 2012 International Summit of Cooperatives, in Quebec City.
To celebrate the International Year of Cooperatives as declared by the United Nations, the International Co-operative Banking Association (ICBA)1, organizer of the Global Cooperative Finance Summit, wishes to emphasize the role and the importance of cooperative financial organizations in building a better world.
The Global Cooperative Finance Summit will feature 2 round tables:
- "The role played by cooperative banks in the area of intercooperation"
- "The contribution of cooperative banks in making the world a better place"
The Global Cooperative Finance Summit has 2 objectives:
- To look at the role that banks play in the area of intercooperation within the cooperative movement. Is intercooperation a business strategy that cooperative banks use and that produces quantifiable results? Are cooperative banks in a position to support and promote the cooperative business model?
- To explore how cooperative banks voluntarily contribute to making the world a better place. As cooperative banks are subject to new international transparency and credit rating standards, what commitments have they made?
Opening remarks byJean-Louis Bancel, President, International Co-operative Banking Association (ICBA)
|8:40 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.||
|9:15 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.||
First round table: "The role played by cooperative banks in the area of intercooperation"
|10:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.||
Second round table: "The contribution of cooperative banks making the world a better place"
|11:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.||
– Jean Houde, President, Finance Montréal
|12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.||
Information and registration:
Please confirm your attendance by returning the registration form by September 15, 2012, to Sandrine Rodrigues at [email protected].
1. The International Co-operative Banking Association (ICBA) is a sectoral organization of the International Co-operative Alliance (ICA).
ICBA's mission is to contribute to the sound development, growth and competitiveness of co-operative banks in the marketplace by defending their interests and by promoting their significant contribution to the economic and social well-being of communities on a global scale.
In this article
- Alain Paquet
- Anne Gaboury
- Brian Branch
- Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer
- Consumers' cooperative
- Cooperative banking
- Credit union
- Daniel Kelley
- Desjardins Group
- Desjardins International Development
- Fortunatas Dirgincius
- International Co
- International Co-operative Alliance
- Lithuanian Central Credit Union
- Louis Bancel
- Minister for Finance
- Monique F. Leroux
- Person Career
- president and chief executive officer
- Social Issues
- Social systems
- Stuart Coe
- Vice President
- World Council
- World Council of Credit Unions