Cooperative and mutualist researchers are invited to respond to two calls for scientific papers, the deadlines for which are fast approaching.
In 2012, two international organizations will be holding major events at which they will be presenting scientific papers:
- – The European Association of Co-Operative Banks (EACB) will hold their 5th convention in Belgium in December.
- – The New Zealand Association for the Study of Cooperatives and Mutuals (NZASCM) is organizing a research conference to be held in New Zealand in June.
Call from the European Association of Co-Operative Banks
The call from the EACB is for researchers 35 and under (those born in 1977 or after). Co-authored scientific papers will be accepted, provided all the authors are 35 and under.
Papers should focus mainly on cooperative banks, rather than other types of financial cooperatives such as credit unions. They may compare this type of banking organization to other types of financial institutions.
Papers should be written in English and be related to one of the following themes:
- – Regulatory challenges of cooperative banks
- – Cooperative banks and financial stability
- – Cooperative banks and social and environmental responsibility
- – Cooperative banks: innovation and the development of small business
- – Governance aspects of cooperative banks
- – Diversity in banking: the role of cooperative banks
Submission deadline: May 31, 2012
To submit a paper, email [email protected].
Call for papers from the New Zealand Association for the Study of Cooperatives and Mutuals
The New Zealand Association for the Study of Cooperatives and Mutuals (NZASCM) will be hosting the International Cooperative Research Conference & Professional Development Conference in Wellington, New Zealand, this coming June 21 to 23.
The NZASCM invites cooperative researchers to submit a paper to be presented at the conference. Potential participants are asked to submit a one-page abstract of their conference paper and attach a CV. All submissions are to be uploaded through the NZASCM website. Submissions from graduate students are welcome.
- – Cooperative banking in the context of the global finance crisis
- – The sustainability of producer cooperatives in New Zealand and beyond
You can find additional suggested research topics here.
Deadline: May 21
More information on this call for papers.
In this article
- Agricultural cooperatives
- Consumers' cooperative
- Contact Details
- Cooperative banking
- Credit union
- European Association of Co-operative Banks
- Human Interest
- Mutual organization
- New Zealand Association
- Social Issues
- The Co-operative Bank
- Worker cooperative
- New Zealand