University researchers, thinkers and opinion leaders from around the world will be attending Imagine 2012, the official pre-Summit event, in support of cooperative enterprises.
This higher education conference on cooperative economics is being organized by Saint Mary’s University, a Canadian institution renowned for its post-graduate cooperative management program.
Specially designed as a prelude to the International Summit of Cooperatives, Imagine 2012 will explore a new way of analyzing the economic impact of cooperative enterprises worldwide.
New approaches in academic research
Although cooperatives have been around a relatively long time, very few studies have been done on how they generally conduct themselves.
Similarly, while a great deal of research has been done on enterprises engaged in globalization, very little is known about the habits and characteristics of international cooperatives.
Imagine 2012 has invited professors emeritus and speakers with extensive knowledge in this area to provide much needed insight.
- Avner Ben-Ner, University of Minnesota (United States)
- Ronald Colman, GPIAtlantic (Canada)
- Thomas Homer-Dixon, Balsillie School of International Affairs, Waterloo (Canada)
- David Erdal (United Kingdom)
- John Fullerton, Capital Institute (United States)
- Neva Goodwin, Tufts University (United States)
- Manfred Max-Neef (United States)
- Elinor Ostrom, Indiana University (United States)
- William Rees, School of Community and Regional Planning (SCARP), University of British Columbia (Canada)
- Claudia Sanchez Bajo (Belgium)
- Stephen C. Smith, George Washington University (United States)
- Peter A. Victor, Birmingham University (United Kingdom) and University of British Columbia (Canada)
- Richard G. Wilkinson, Nottingham University (United Kingdom)
- Stefano Zamagni, University of Bologna (Italy)
- Vera Negri Zamagni, University of Bologna (Italy)
“Imagine 2012 will be a generator of innovative ideas in the area of sustainable economic development for the decision-makers attending the International Summit of Cooperatives,” said Dr. J. Colin Dodds, President of Saint Mary’s University.
“Imagine 2012 will provide an opportunity to look at the global economy through a cooperative and mutualist lens in order to better meet the needs of individuals and communities, and ultimately contribute to sustainable prosperity and create a better world,” concluded Dr. Dodds.
Learn more about the Imagine 2012 Conference
In the picture: Professor Stefano Zamagni, University of Bologna (Italy), will be one of the keynote speakers at the Imagine 2012 conference, the event preceding the International Summit of Cooperatives.
In this article
- Birmingham University
- British Columbia
- Capital Institute
- Claudia Sanchez Bajo
- Consumers' cooperative
- David Erdal
- Elinor Ostrom
- George Washington University
- Indiana University
- John Fullerton
- Neva Goodwin
- Nottingham University
- Person Career
- Peter A. Victor
- Richard G. Wilkinson
- Ronald Colman
- Saint Mary's University
- Stefano Zamagni
- Stephen C. Smith
- Thomas Homer-Dixon
- Tufts University
- University of Bologna
- University of British Columbia
- University of Minnesota
- Vera Negri Zamagni
- William Rees
- North America
- United Kingdom
- United States
Join the Conversation