The Summit will host the first international forum on communications issues in the cooperative movement on October 8, 2012.
Held in conjunction with the Summit, this forum, organized by the Chaire de relations publiques et communication marketing de l'Université du Québec à Montréal, will bring together communications researchers and professionals working in the cooperative field.
A number of issues will be discussed, including:
– How to communicate effectively with members and non-members
– What definitions and missions to promote
– How to integrate Web 2.0 and the cooperative spirit
– What roles communications can play in the future of cooperatives
– How to position the cooperative movement as a model for the future
The Forum has three specific objectives:
– To give cooperative communications professionals from around the world an opportunity to share their concerns and thoughts on their practices
– To identify strategic communications perspectives for the cooperative movement based on existing public expectations and opposition, as well as on the prevailing socio-economic crisis and mistrust of traditional models
– To initiate a dialogue between cooperative communications professionals and researchers
Communications professionals and researchers interested in registering or obtaining more information are invited to contact Emmanuelle Lussiez at [email protected] or at 514 987-3000, ext. 1226.
About the Chaire: Founded in 2002, the Chaire de relations publiques et communication marketing de l'Université du Québec à Montréal serves to build knowledge, train students and foster public debate on all issues related to the communications profession and its role in society. It conducts research on issues related to public relations and marketing communications conditions and practices and the development of the communications field.
Join the Conversation