The co-operative trade association has developed the resources with nationally recognised experts as part of the Making Local Food Work programme, a £10 million project funded by the Big Lottery Fund.
The suite of resources, available both online and as hard copies, includes:
• Simply Finance — pooling expert advice on financing a community enterprise
• Simply Legal — pooling advice on legal structures
• Simply Governance — a comprehensive guide to running a community enterprise
• Governance audit — a tool to allow enterprises to assess how they are being run
• Select-a-structure — a tool allowing fledgling enterprises to find the most appropriate legal structure.
Ed Mayo, Secretary General of Co-operatives UK, said: “This is the first time resources of this calibre have been available free of charge for community enterprises. We aim to help enterprising communities across the country to run sustainable businesses.”
The suite of resources can be accessed at: www.uk.coop/simplyseries.