On March 26, 2012, the USW, Mondragon, and the Ohio Employee Ownership Center (OEOC) announced its detailed union co-op model for developing sustainable jobs using the combination of worker ownership and the collective bargaining process.
At the 2011 USW Constitutional Convention, USW delegates passed a resolution called “Workers’ Capital, Industrial Democracy and Worker Ownership” to promote worker ownership and the development of union co-ops. The USW and Mondragon, the world’s largest worker-owned cooperative, announced our collaboration on Oct. 27, 2009,to develop union co-ops in the United States and Canada.
- Congratulations to the workers of the New Era Windows Cooperative!
- Interview With Rob Witherell: Representative, United Steelworkers (USW)
- Can Co-ops Save Unions?
- Why Unions Are Going Into the Co-op Business
- Ohio Employee Ownership Center
- US Federation of Worker Cooperatives
- Union/Co-ops Council of the USFWC
- Canadian Worker Co-op Federation
- Western Labour-Worker Co-operative Council
- National Cooperative Business Association
- National Cooperative Bank
- Cooperative Fund of New England
- Northcountry Cooperative Development Fund
- The Cincinnati Union Coop Initiative!
If you would like to contact us for more information or if you’re interested in forming a union co-op, please click here.
Join the Conversation