Chris Mackin of Ownership Associates will be teaching a Spring 2012 course called Democratic Capitalism at the Rutger’s School of Management and Labor Relations, where he is a fellow. See Mackin’s recent article in the Nation: Employee Ownership: The Road to Shared Prosperity.
“This course examines how to create a more inclusive economy where workers can obtain a fair share in the wealth that they create. Overview of relevant political and economic thinkers, both classical and contemporary. Review of relevant public policies and models both domestic and international. Examination of democracy within the firm, the role of unions and organizational cultures. Exploration of career tracks for students.”
- UMass’ The Economics of Cooperative Enterprises
- UConn’s Introduction to the Co-Operative Movement: History, Philosophy & Prospects for the Future
- The Babson-Equal Exchange Curriculum on Cooperatives
- MIT’s Community-Owned Enterprise and Civic Participation course
- UC Berkeley’s: Cooperatives and Community Development Education for Ownership