The Co-op Group is encouraging members and communities to get involved and find out more about the business through a series of live events taking place around the UK this autumn.
The 12 Join In Live events in September and October will be hosted by representatives of the Group’s National Members’ Council, Member Pioneers, senior leaders and local community teams. They will highlight the work the organisation is doing above and beyond retail and also give members the chance to “get involved in making a difference together”.
On the day, visitors will hear updates on what’s happening around the business and the latest on big projects such as the Endangered Spaces campaign, and will help generate ideas on how the Group can celebrate 25 years of Fairtrade and better support producers and customers in the future.
Alongside this, a pop-up Co-op Marketplace will offer samples of new food and drink products, and will be a place to meet Co-op colleagues and other members.
Registration for the events goes live on 2 September and there will also be an app available containing further details about the events and who will be there; the app can also be used as a tool for submitting questions in advance and making notes.
Where are the events?
- West Midlands: Stoke (Co-op Academy) – Wed 25 Sep, 6.30pm
- South West: Plymouth (Guildhall) – Thu 26 Sep, 6.30pm
- Cymru / Wales: Cardiff (Principality Stadium) – Sat 28 Sep, 11.00am
- East Midlands: Nottingham (Cricket Club, Trent Bridge) – Wed 02 Oct6.30pm
- South East: Brighton (The Crypt at St Georges) – Thu 03 Oct, 6.30pm
- London: Coin Street Conference Centre (108 Stamford Street, SE1 9NH) – Sat 05 Oct, 11:00am
- North West: Salford (Co-op Academy Walkden) – Monday 07 Oct, 6.30pm
- Scotland: Glasgow (67 Hope Street, Glasgow, G2 6AE) – Sat 12 Oct, 1:00pm
- Yorkshire & Humber: Leeds (Leeds University Union) – Weds 16 Oct, 6.30pm
- North East: Newcastle (Newcastle University Student Union) – Thu 17 Oct, 6.30pm
- East of England: East Anglia (Wymondham Central Hall) – Sat 19 Oct, 10.30am
- Northern Ireland: Belfast (Girdwood Community Hub) – Thurs 24 Oct, 6.30pm