Co‑operatives UK is offering free return flights for three young co-operators to attend the Global Youth Forum in Colombo, Sri Lanka in July.
The free-to-attend, five-day event – from 22 to 26 July – offers opportunities for training, skills development and networking, drawing entrepreneurs and professionals aged 18-35 from around the world.
Participants will learn from best practice, be inspired and encouraged to innovate in the field of youth and co-operative entrepreneurship.
Successful applicants to the event will benefit from free airport transfers, accommodation, meals, training and networking, but must cover their flight costs.
This has prompted Co-operatives UK to offer to pay for return flights for three young UK co-operators from its membership, whose have been accepted to attend the forum. It will also organise an online meet up for those going, hopefully together with people who have been to events like this in the past.
Those wishing to apply to attend the Global Youth Forum can do so at: gyf19.coop/registration. Registration closes on 28 April.
To apply for a free return flight, email [email protected] with ‘Global Youth Forum Flight’ in the subject line before 5pm on 22 May, and include the following:
- A short paragraph introducing yourself
- The name of the Co‑operatives UK member co-op you’re linked to (if you are a member of a larger co-operative, we would encourage you first to seek support from that co-op)
- A short statement in support of your application – why do you want to go? Can you commit to sharing the knowledge and experience you gain with others?
- A copy of your Global Youth Forum application
- Confirmation of attendance at the event (this can be sent later once confirmed)
- Your contact email and phone number
- We may need to get back to you for further information and will let you know if your application has been successful.
Closing date to apply for free flights is 5pm on 22 May.