The World Council of Credit Unions is calling for nominations from its member organisations for the World Council Young Credit Union Professionals (WYCUP) Scholarship Programme, an international networking and educational opportunity for emerging credit union leaders.
Nominations close on 31 May – and the scholarship winners will be announced at the 2019 World Credit Union Conference (WCUC), held in the Bahamas from 28-31 July.
The WYCUP program is dedicated to advancing young leaders worldwide and leverages opportunities presented by the WCUC to promote professional development throughout the conference week.
Up to five recipients will be awarded WYCUP scholarships for an all-expense-paid trip to the 2020 World Credit Union Conference.
“We’re excited to continue the momentum through the WYCUP programme, empowering young credit union leaders, providing professional value while strengthening a culture of continuous learning,” said Paul Treinen, World Council chief operating officer.
To be eligible for the scholarship, nominees must:
- Be 35 years of age or younger on 1 January 2019
- Demonstrate leadership, personal commitment and the potential to significantly influence credit unions or financial co-operatives in or outside their country
- Be actively involved as an employee or volunteer with a credit union or other financial co-operative affiliated with the World Council. World Council members include organisations affiliated with any national organisation belonging to the World Council
- Actively participate in the World Credit Union Conference in the Bahamas, including the Diversity & Inclusion conference track. The 2019 WCUC registration and travel expenses must be paid by a sponsoring credit union or credit union organisation
- Not have been a previous WYCUP scholarship recipient
- Not be a current World Council employee
WCUC registrants aged 35 and younger qualify for a discounted registration fee and can participate in all sessions, regardless of whether or not they apply for the scholarship.
The WYCUP program is sponsored by CUNA Mutual Group and Servus Credit Union. For more information, visit WYCUP and download the WYCUP scholarship application and nomination criteria here.
The World Council of Credit Unions is the global trade association and development platform for credit unions. It promotes the sustainable development of credit unions and other financial co-operatives around the world to empower people through access to high quality and affordable financial services.