The second International Forum on Co-operative Law is held in Athens on 26-28 September.
The conference will explore the relevance of co-operative principles for co-operative law. Participants will also look at research and education in the field of co-operative law. The event will facilitate a dialogue between economists and lawyers to exchange knowledge.
Organisers are looking for submissions on a range of topics, including:
- the legal relevance of the co-operative principles for co-operative law or other fields of law the legal requirements for specific types of co-operatives by sector of governance
- the unification of co-operative law at national, regional and international levels
- co-operative law and the legal framework of the social economy
- co-operative law and globalisation
- policies on research and education in the field of co-operative law,
- educational programmes in the field of co-operative law
- and research tools and the study of co-operative law.
Researchers and practitioners wishing to submit papers can express interest by the end of March. Those considering speaking at the event can submit an abstract of 500-800 words to Ifigeneia Douvitsa (at: [email protected] ). The deadline for submitting the full papers is 28 August 2018.
The meeting will build on the first forum, which held two years ago in Montevideo, Uruguay.