Solutions for the UK’s growing housing crisis are coming under the microscope at this year’s annual conference of the Confederation of Co-operative Housing.
The conference on 11-12 May, which takes the theme People and Power, will see representatives from the co-operative housing sector discuss how to empower tenants and help people change their communities.
The conference will feature practical workshops, a Blisstocracy quiz by CCH head of policy, Nic Bliss, on Friday night and live entertainment after the gala dinner on the Saturday night.
Keynote speakers include:
- Jane Everton and Begoña Vilaplana, from the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Leslie Channon from A Voice for Tenants Steering Group; Dr Chris Handy from Accord Housing Group
- Carole Burchett from Soha Housing; Pete Richmond from Birmingham Community Led Housing Partnership
- Cllr Sharon Taylor from the Co-operative Councils Innovation Network
- Jean Templeton from St Basils.
The conference venue is Chesford Grange, Kenilworth, with the nearest train station being Leamington Span. CCH will be running a free shuttle service from the station on the evening of Friday, 11 May.
Bookings can be made online or by emailing Jane Cameron at [email protected]. The conference brochure is available here.
Join the Conversation