Nominations are open for an international award that recognises an outstanding contribution to innovative and sustainable co-operation.
The International Co-operative Alliance is inviting nominations for its highest honour, the Rochdale Pioneers Award.
The accolade aims to recognise, in the spirit of the contribution of the Rochdale Pioneers, an individual or organisation who has made the outstanding contribution to co-operation. The Alliance is inviting member organisations and organisations to submit nominations by 15 August.
To be selected, a nominee must:
- Visibly demonstrate benefit to the global co-operative movement
- Be innovative
- Be financially sustainable and of a permanent nature
- Be a leader in the co-operative movement
- Demonstrate commitment to the co-operative principles
The winner will be selected by an Alliance Board-appointed committee. The award will be presented at the Alliance’s biennial Global Conference and General Assembly, which will take place in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia on 14-17 November.
Past winners include former Alliance president Dame Pauline Green (2015) and the Plunkett Foundation (2013).
- To apply for the award, visit the Alliance’s website.