How can co-operative apex bodies improve efficiency?
This was the question explored at two events in Quebec ahead of the International Summit of Co-operatives. Here are eight brilliant ideas we heard during the conversations…
- Have quality data on the sector …
- … but don’t just focus on numbers – tell individual stories!
- Be patient and see how data can be used for different audiences
- Share your information with other apex bodies – invest in tools together and tell each other’s stories
- Actively engage with governments and make the case for co-ops
- Play match-maker – bring together different co-operatives interested in striking new business partnerships
- Practise what you preach – larger co-ops should be helping smaller co-ops
- Don’t limit yourself to borders, but adopt technologies other co-ops have already implemented. If you have that technology, share it!