The Confederation of Co-operative Housing (CCH) has developed a new Centre of Excellence training programme for housing co-operatives. The course was designed for primary and secondary housing co-operatives, to help them learn more about successful future planning and housing co-operative management.
CCH was set up 20 years ago and has come to include over 160 members as the lead housing co-operative trade body. The course will help housing co-operatives, regardless of their type, to comply with requirements set out by the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA). It is also suitable for housing professionals new to the co-operative housing sector.
The course is split in eight modules that look at:
1. Legal Duties & Statutory Responsibilities for Management Committee Members
2. The CCH/National Housing Federation Code of Governance for Housing Co-operatives
3. Performance Management & Delegation
4. Comply with the HCA Regulatory Framework
5. The HCA Consumer Standards
6. Budget Setting and Financial Management
7. Risk Management
8. Business Planning.
The programme is currently running monthly sessions at Church Street Library, 68 Church Street, London, NW8 8EU. The course will run over the coming year covering all of the modules but also delivering training onsite for CCH members and non-members. For more information visit www.cch.coop, or contact [email protected].