International Co-operative Alliance President Dame Pauline Green and former British Prime Minsiter Gordon Brown addressed the United Nations on behalf of co-operatives during the launch of the International Year of Co-operatives.
At the General Assembly in New York City, the speakers promoted co-operation to member state representatives and were supported by hundreds of co-operators who had travelled to the event from across the world.
This video contains the full afternoon session, including responses from member state representatives discussing their experiences with co-operatives. To view the morning session click here.
This is the schedule for the session:
IYC Launch: Opening ceremony and plenary meeting, General Assembly Hall
• H.E. Mr. Nassir Abdulaziz Al-Nasser, President of the General Assembly
• H.E. Dr. Asha-Rose Migiro on behalf of the Secretary-General
• Dame Pauline Green, Cooperative Representative to present Outcome Statement from the morning’s Informal Panel
• Mr. Gordon Brown, former British Prime Minister
• Member States and observers