With the 2012 International Summit of Cooperatives 5 weeks away, these cumulative figures* since the Summit was announced give the word international its true meaning.
- - Already more than 1,600 participants from 85 countries
- - 156 speakers – 35 countries represented
- - 5 international organizations confirmed to participate (OECD, International Labour Office, World Health Organization, World Bank, Transparency International)
- - 9 groundbreaking studies (McKinsey & Company (3), IRECUS, IPSOS/UQAM, Deloitte, Oliver Wyman, PwC, Ernst & Young)
- - A program centered on 4 major themes of global interest
- The role of cooperatives and mutuals in the global economy
- The performance of the cooperative and mutualist business model
- The evolution of the cooperative and mutualist business model
- The global socio-political influence of cooperatives and mutuals
- - Program for future leaders: 14 speakers – participants from 20 countries
- - 1 pre-summit event: a major international conference - Imagine 2012, an international conference on cooperative economics
- - 22 complementary events organized by national and international organizations
Under the theme “The amazing power of cooperatives”, the 2012 International Summit of Cooperatives will involve the participation of senior executives, international experts and influential players in the cooperative sector and feature exciting, exclusive, high-value-added events.
All the ingredients are in place to strengthen the worldwide network of cooperatives and mutuals and create a genuine sphere of influence in every business and political community in the world.
We hope many of you will attend this key event that celebrates the International Year of Cooperatives.
* Figures as of August 27, 2012